Metal Sector : Hopes on China loosening Covid restrictions lead to metals rally - Motilal Oswal Financial Services
Hopes on China loosening Covid restrictions lead to metals rally
* Last week, media reports (link1, link2) suggested China could relax and possibly end its zero-Covid strategy soon, fuelling a rally in commodities. The Chinese government later issued an official statement highlighting continuation of the zero-Covid strategy right up to Mar’23.
* The news of relaxing Covid curbs led to LME commodities rallying with copper/ aluminum/lead/nickel rising 3.2%/3.6%/4.1%/7.7% WoW, respectively.
* Iron ore futures also rallied to USD84/t from the bottom of USD75/t. However, spot domestic HRC/TMT prices in China trended down on weakening demand.
* Domestic HRC price in India declined 0.4% to INR 56,100/t. However, primary TMT price strengthened 0.4% to INR56,600/t as demand for construction steel picked up.
* Most of the primary mills rolled over flat steel prices with a minor hike of INR500-750/t for TMT for Nov’22.
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
For More Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd Disclaimer http://www.motilaloswal.com/MOSLdisclaimer/disclaimer.html SEBI Registration number is INH000000412
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer
Foxconn to set up mobile component facility in Tamil Nadu investing Rs 1,600cr
Metals Sector Update : Prices rise across products By ICICI Securities
BFSI Banks Sector Update : Lower LLP drives earnings beat, but noise on retail stress on ris...