The Toyota Etios was introduced in the year 2011. The new-gen upgraded Etios was launched in 2016, where the existing model got restyled.
The Toyota Etios Liva offers two diesel and 5 petrol avatars. The ex-showroom price (in Delhi) of the petrol version of Liva ranges between Rs. 4.44 lakh and Rs. 6.20 lakh. The price (GD Variant) diesel version is Rs. 5.86 lakh and the GD (SP) variant price is Rs. 6.17 lakh.
The upgraded Etios Liva Dual-Tone is a complete package offering the best safety features, generous storage space, fuel efficiency, sleek looks, performance, and quality. The Toyota Etios Liva has set a benchmark with its standardized safety features like the dual airbags, EBD- Electronic Brake-force Distribution along with ABS- Anti Lock Braking System in all the variants of the model. It’s the first model that has incorporated all these amazing safety features in the automobile industry. For the safety of children, the new ISOFIX seat locks are specially designed across all grades and models.
All the Toyota variants are available in the following colours:
- Vermilion Red
- Symphony Silver
- Harmony Beige
- Super White Dual Tone
- Celestial Black
- Vermillion Red Dual Tone
- Inferno Orange
- Classic Grey
The latest new-gen Toyota Etios Liva is considered the trendiest hatchback.
The key interior features of Liva are removable headrests, centre armrest, 3D textured fabric seats, day/night inside rear mirror, steering wheel- silver accent, audio control and audio system on the steering wheel, and a digital instrument cluster. The exterior features consist of tweaked grille front, new taillights, front body-colored bumpers, Ventilated disc brakes, torsion beams-back, front McPherson Strut forks for braking, wiper washer- front and rear, etc.
The comfort and convenience features offered by Liva are retractable and adjustable ORVMs, clean air filter and heater along with air conditioner, cooled glove box, 12V power outlet, driver’s head adjuster, electric power- driver side, power windows-driver side and more. The music system provides Bluetooth connectivity without a touch screen, navigation, or Apple CarPlay.
The Toyota Etios Liva is excellent for a small family. The ride is smooth because of the lightweight body. Apart from the loud noise and vibrations, the car is a comfortable drive.
The new Liva has several safety features consists of keyless entry, immobilizer, child safety-ISOFIX, adjustable front headrest, Front fog lamps, ABS along with EBS, reverse sensors, and SRS airbags.
The ex-showroom price of Toyota Etios Liva ranges between ₹ 5 Lakh and ₹ 7.78 Lakh. The best variant of the model has an on-road price of ₹ 8.6 Lakh. Toyota offers 16 variants in Etios Liva. The ex-showroom price of all the variants is mentioned below:
Etios Liva J - ₹ 5 Lakh
Etios Liva GX - ₹ 5.58 Lakh
Etios Liva G - ₹ 5.35 Lakh
Etios Liva V Dual Tone - ₹ 5.98 Lakh
Etios Liva V - ₹ 5.81 Lakh
Etios Liva VX Dual Tone - ₹ 6.42 Lakh
Etios Liva VX - ₹ 6.3 Lakh
Etios Liva JD - ₹ 6.19 Lakh
Etios Liva VX Limited Edition - ₹ 6.63 Lakh
Etios Liva GXD - ₹ 6.86 Lakh
Etios Liva GD - ₹ 6.64 Lakh
Etios Liva VD Dual Tone - ₹ 7.21 Lakh
Etios Liva VD - ₹ 7.04 Lakh
Etios Liva VXD Dual Tone - ₹ 7.57 Lakh
Etios Liva VXD - ₹ 7.45 Lakh
Etios Liva VXD Limited Edition - ₹ 7.78 Lakh
Pros of Toyota Etios Liva
- The new-gen hatchback has generous storage space and can accommodate four people comfortably. It provides all the seated passengers enough legroom and headroom. In the rear, one extra person can also squeeze in.
- The quality and after-sales service is an attractive factor for Liva buyers.
- The big brand name of Toyota also heightens the appeal of Liva.
- The car is well-tuned and smooth for driving on the city roads.
- The petrol engine offers good mileage on the other hand the diesel engine is regarded as a mile-muncher. Overall, it provides great fuel efficiency.
Cons of Toyota Etios Liva
- The interiors of Liva have poor quality as the looks of it is too bland and dull as compared to the cars in its segment.
- The features of Liva are less as compared to the price. The plastic used in the model is tacky.
- The diesel engine is noisy and loud even when not running. Both the diesel and petrol engine allows the noise to enter into the vehicle. Toyota needs to improve on the NVH levels.
- The overall design of Liva is not of Toyota standards. The look is disappointing. The expectations from Toyota hatchback is much higher than what is delivered by the Liva model.
The Liva offers a spacious and practical hatchback that is specially built for the heavily congested city traffic. The model promises a smooth and easy ferry within the city. The competitors of Toyota Etios Liva are the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai i20, Skoda Fabia, Volkswagen Polo, Honda Jazz, Fiat Punto, Nissan Micra, and Hyundai Grand i10.