Indian shines but US slowdown persists…
About the stock: Cadila is a leading pharma company with a presence across the value chain of innovating, manufacturing, marketing & selling finished dosage human formulations (generics, branded generics & specialty formulations, including biosimilars & vaccines), APIs, animal healthcare & consumer wellness products.
* It has a global presence and sells its products in the US, India, Europe & emerging markets including countries in LatAm, Asia Pacific & Africa.
* Cadila is the fourth largest pharma company in India with 14 brands among Top 300 pharma brands in India & nine with | 100 crore+ sales.
Q1FY22 Results: Cadila reported steady Q1FY22 results.
* Sales were up 14.5% YoY to | 4025.4 crore
* EBITDA in Q1FY22 was at | 933 crore, up 35% YoY with margins at 23.2%
* Consequent adjusted PAT was at | 564.8 crore (up 71.8% YoY)
What should investors do?
Cadila’s share price has grown by ~1.6x over the past five years (from ~| 352 in July 2016 to ~| 586 levels in July 2021).
* We maintain HOLD rating
Target Price and Valuation: We value Cadila at | 583 (base business of | 483 at 22x P/E on FY23E EPS + NPV of | 99.9 for vaccine & gRevlimid opportunity).
Key triggers for future price performance:
* Cadila plans to venture into complex injectable in US. However, it is likely to provide meaningful traction only from FY23-24 onwards.
* US pipeline of 412 filed ANDAs, 317 final approvals is promising but cGMP issues at Moraiya, slowdown in base are main near term headwinds
* India formulations business is likely to stabilise as the company has optically initiated restructuring of business by rationalising slow moving SKUs
Alternate Stock Idea: Apart from Cadila, in our healthcare coverage we like Cipla
* Cipla is a global pharma company with over 1,500+ products in 65 therapeutic categories, with over 50 dosage forms.
* BUY with a target price of | 1205
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer