Indian rupee witnessed buying for the third consecutive day on strong inflows into the equity markets - HDFC Securities
* Indian rupee witnessed buying for the third consecutive day on strong inflows into the equity markets. The pair capped downside in noon session on fear of RBI intervention and halt in derivatives trading on NSE.
* The premium on one-year exact-month dollar/rupee contract fell to 5.25%, compared with 5.33% at the previous close which led some banks to square off open dollar positions.
* Indian bonds gain for a second day as the central bank Governor Shaktikanta Das reiterated stance to keep banking-system liquidity ample to support the government’s near- record borrowing plan.
* The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Wednesday closed at a record, just shy of the 32,000 milestone, after Federal Reserve officials helped calm frayed market nerves after a run-up in bond yields briefly unsettled the bullish investing mood that’s prevailed for weeks on Wall Street.
* Asian stocks perked up on Thursday after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell reaffirmed interest rates would stay low, calming market fears that higher inflation might prompt the central bank to tighten the monetary spigot.
* Indian equity benchmark indices witnessed a session marred by a technical outage that disrupted trading on the NSE for nearly four hours. At close the NSE Nifty 50 index gained 1.9% to end near the mark of 15,000 at 14,982.
* USDINR February futures continued downside with the pair breaching important support near 72.30.
* The overall trend is still bearish with prices trading below short term moving averages having resistance at 72.61.
* The momentum oscillators are indicating oversold territory with RSI at below 25 levels
* However, lower highs lower lows may continue to pressure USDINR to trade weak with support at 72.10.
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
Please refer disclaimer at https://www.hdfcsec.com/article/disclaimer-1795
SEBI Registration number is INZ000171337
Views express by all participants are for information & academic purpose only. Kindly read disclaimer before referring below views. Click Here For Disclaimer