* USDINR trading range for the day is 63.45-64.56.
* Rupee slumped after a central bank deputy governor highlighted growing balance sheet risks for state banks due to their high exposure to government securities.
* Deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said public sector lenders face risks of high interest rate from their large bond holdings.
* India’s December trade deficit widened to its highest in more than three years as higher import bills for gold and crude oil weighed on rising exports.
* EURINR trading range for the day is 77.85-78.79.
* Euro gained on the back of optimism about the euro zone’s economic outlook and expectations for the ECB to wind down its massive monetary stimulus.
* The trade surplus in the 19 countries sharing the euro expanded in November to its highest point in eight months, official estimates showed.
* Market participants, however, said they expect the euro to remain on solid footing in the near term.
* GBPINR trading range for the day is 87.56-88.67.
* GBP rose as the dollar weakened broadly and on hopes that other EU members would seek a relatively “soft” Brexit.
* GBP remained supported after Netherlands and Spain were open to a deal for Britain to remain as close as possible to the trading bloc crushed short positions.
* The latest positioning data shows long sterling bets have become bigger in recent days, with net sterling long bets rising to their biggest since mid-September 2014.
* JPYINR trading range for the day is 57.21-58.34.
* JPY gains after Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda offered a positive view on the economy and inflation.
* The BOJ also offered its most optimistic view on regional areas of Japan in nearly a decade in a quarterly report.
* Japan's Finance Minister Taro Aso: Recent FX market conditions not an important discussion, no comment on foreign-exchange levels
Views express by all participants are for information & acadamic purpose only. Kindly read disclaimer before refering below views. Click Here For Disclaimer