SEBI Circular | QIP route to meet MPS threshold
* In its circular dated Feb 22, 2018, SEBI has included QIP as a method to comply with minimum public shareholding thresholds (MPS)
* At the moment, compliance with MPS is mandatory to raise capital via QIP, which is by itself a dilutive instrument
* Expected to save time, cost and effort for listed entities to comply with MPS requirements while raising capital
* Also expected to provide potential QIP opportunities in the universe of companies listed in the last 3 years
* SEBI has also approved share sale by promoters up to 2% of the outstanding capital as a way to meet MPS threshold.
SEBI Circular | Compensation to Retail Investors in an IPO
* Via its circular dated Feb 15, 2018, SEBI has approved a mechanism for reimbursing Retail Investor grievances in IPO applications
* The mechanism specifically addresses procedural lacunae on the part of SCSBs, and prescribes a formula to arrive at the compensation
* The move is expected to arm retail investors against poor grievance resolution mechanisms employed by SCSBs.
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer