Premium growth recovery remains on track
* Overall FY21TD/Jul’20, GDPI grew 1.6/18% YoY. Trend reversal was seen in Jul’20TD growth, as Apr’21TD, May’20TD and Jun’20TD witnessed a decline of 11%,10% and 4% respectively.
* ICICI Lombard (ICICIGI) FY21TD GDPI growth continues to remain negative (3% YoY). Jul’20 GDPI growth came in at 5% YoY vs 20% YoY of Jun’20
* Bajaj Allianz General Insurance (BAGIC) saw trend reversal by registering growth of 113% YoY in Jul’20 against decline of 21/22/16% YoY in Apr/May/Jun’20. FY21TD growth stood at 14% YoY.
* Standalone health insurers registered a growth a 23% and 41% YoY in FY21TD and Jul’20 respectively. Star health reported a robust growth of 42% in FY21TD
* PSU insurers New India assurance and United India assurance posted a FY21TD growth of 7%, while national insurance and Oriental insurance reported a decline of 15% and 12% respectively. Specialised insurers (AIC and ECGC) reported a growth of 52% in FY21TD.
* Market share movement – New India and United India gained 90bps and 50bps YoY respectively in FY21TD. BAGIC gained 80bps while ICICI Lombard lost 40bps and in FY21TD. Star health reported a robust market share gains 120bps in FY21TD. (Market share details in Table 3 below)
* ICICIGI Q1FY21 sector growth trend
- Fire remains the star segment driven by price hikes (42% growth in GDPI in Q1FY21 for ICICIGI).
- Health remains muted for ICICIGI with 5% decline in Q1FY21 for ICICIGI. The recovery is slow in health for ICICIGI driven by weak distribution in bank network. Star Health have however shown 14%, 31%, 51% and 63% growth in Apr;20, May'20, Jun'20 and Jul'20.
- Motor TP/OD has shown gradual monthly recovery for ICICIGI. Motor OD/TP segment posted a positive growth of 6/12% in Jun'20 after declining 51/42.5% and 33/16% in the month of Apr'20 and May'20 respectively.
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
For More ICICI Securities Disclaimer http://www.icicisecurities.com/AboutUs/?ReportID=10445
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer