* USDINR trading range for the day is 63.52-64.09.
* Rupee gained ad dollar dropped from highs as excitement over upcoming U.S. rare hikes faded and as investors turned their attention to Friday's U.S. inflation data.
* India's government forecast slower growth for the financial year ending March 31.
* Activity in India’s services industry bounced back to modest growth in December after contracting in the previous month, a private survey showed.
* EURINR trading range for the day is 76.05-76.83.
* Euro traded in range amid concerns that the ECB may attempt to talk down the strengthening currency ahead of its monetary policy meeting later this month.
* Germany's industrial production and exports recovered at a faster-than-expected pace in November, suggesting robust economic activity towards the end of 2017.
* Eurozone unemployment rate declined to the lowest since 2009 as robust activity created more jobs in the 19-nation currency bloc.
* GBPINR trading range for the day is 85.96-86.73.
* GBP remained in range on expectations that Brexit talks will have a positive outcome continued to underpin the British currency.
* External factors have also proved supportive for the pound, recently with the U.S. dollar struggling to gain much traction against its rivals in the opening days of the year.
* EU's Barnier says integrity of single market crucial in Brexit
* JPYINR trading range for the day is 56.65-57.58.
* JPY gained after the BOJ’s move to trim JGB purchases in the previous session triggered speculation that it could begin tapering its massive, ultra-easy monetary stimulus.
* Japan's consumer confidence dropped unexpectedly in December, though slightly, survey data from the Cabinet Office showed.
* BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda has repeatedly dismissed the chance of withdrawing stimulus any time soon.
Views express by all participants are for information & acadamic purpose only. Kindly read disclaimer before refering below views. Click Here For Disclaimer