* USDINR trading range for the day is 63.64-64.
* Rupee traded in range as dollar strengthened after Chinese officials clarified that they are not considering halting or trimming purchase of US government debt.
* India’s retail inflation likely rose to a 17-month high in December, and that could push the central bank to tighten monetary policy.
* Industrial production was probably 4.4 percent higher in November than a year earlier, after increasing 2.2 percent in October.
* EURINR trading range for the day is 76.07-76.54.
* Euro seen under pressure as the dollar nursed its losses following a report that China was ready to slow or halt its purchases of U.S. Treasuries.
*France's industrial production decreased as expected in November, after rising in the previous two months, data from the statistical office Insee showed.
* Germany's industrial production and exports recovered at a faster-than-expected pace in November, suggesting robust economic activity towards the end of 2017.
* GBPINR trading range for the day is 85.79-86.55.
* GBP dropped as the dollar recouped some of its recent losses after China's regulator dismissed a report that the country could halt its buying of U.S. treasuries.
* The UK economy expanded at a faster pace in the fourth quarter, the National Institute for Economic and Social Research said.
* U.K. total trade deficit narrows by £2.1 billion to £6.2 billion in 3 months to November
* JPYINR trading range for the day is 57.01-57.29.
* JPY remained under pressure after comments by China’s foreign exchange regulator eased concerns that China may reduce its buying of U.S. government bonds.
* BoJ Quarterly public opinion of household sentiment: Japanese households see 2% inflation in 5 years, 3% inflation in 1 year.
* Japan's Ministry of Finance sold 3.58 trillion Yen of T-Bills at an average yield of -0.1251% with a bid-to-cover ratio of 4.18.
Views express by all participants are for information & acadamic purpose only. Kindly read disclaimer before refering below views. Click Here For Disclaimer