Published on 12/08/2017 10:57:18 AM | Source: Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd
Buy Lupin Ltd For Target Rs.1,125.00 - Motilal Oswal
Recovery expected only from 2H
* Lupin's (LPC) 1QFY18 revenue declined ~13% YoY to INR38.7b (12% miss), primarily due to weak US business (-27% YoY to USD238m) on the back of lower Glumetza sales. EBITDA declined 41% YoY to INR7.7b, with margins coming in lowest in 16 quarters at 20%.
* Guidance lowered for FY18: LPC guided for revenue decline of low-singledigit in FY18 v/s earlier guidance of 7-8% growth. EBITDA margin guidance was lowered from 25-26% to 21-23% due to INR appreciation, competition in the Metformin portfolio and high-single-digit price erosion in the US.
* US business – bottom is still a quarter away: Large part of the decline in US sales (USD238m from USD276m in 4Q) was because of lower Glumetza sales. US business grew 9% QoQ without Glumetza, and 11% QoQ without Fortamet and Glumetza. The company expects US business to bottom in 2Q (as Glumetza sales are expected to come down further). Few key approvals expected in FY18 are Tamiflu, Lanthanum, Levothyroxine, Hydrocodone APAP (2Q), Potassium Chloride (2Q) and Oxycodone APAP. Bigger approvals like Toprol EL, Renexa and Renvela are expected in FY19.
* Domestic business – expect recovery in coming quarters: India business (down ~2% YoY to INR9.3b) performed relatively better than peers. Without GST impact, EBITDA margin would have improved by ~200bp. LPC expects industry to grow at ~8% YoY. The company is expected to outperform industry growth by 20-30%.
* Recovery expected only from 2H; stock already factors most of the concerns: Although pricing pressure in base business and new competition in Metformin portfolio will keep exerting pressure on the US business, we believe that sales will bottom by 2QFY18. Recent fall in the stock price already factors in these concerns. Resolution of Goa and Indore plant inspection in the next two months, coupled with key upcoming launches, will help drive growth from 2H. We maintain Buy with TP of INR1,125 @ 20x FY19E PER (v/s INR1,450 @ 20x FY19E PER). We cut FY18E/19E EPS by 29%/22% as we build in the impact of competition in key products in the US.
To Read Complete Report & Disclaimer Click Here
For More Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd Disclaimer http://www.motilaloswal.com/MOSLdisclaimer/disclaimer.html SEBI Registration number is INH000000412
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer