ACC Ltd. reported a healthy rise in its net profit for its second quarter ended June, 2017. Net profit for the quarter came in at Rs. 326 cr compared to Rs.246 cr in the corresponding quarter of previous year registering a growth of 32.6% YoY. Total income for the quarter came in at Rs.3,453 cr as compared to Rs. 2,880 cr in the corresponding quarter of FY 16, up 19.9% YoY however increased 8.8
According to a report, India's cement demand growth is expected to recover to around 5 per cent during FY18, driven by a pick-up in the infrastructure and housing segments. Commenting on the issue, an ICRA Official told the media, "We expects cement demand growth to recover to around 5 per cent during FY2018 as against a decline of 1.2 per cent in FY2017, driven by a pick-up in the inf
* Higher realisation lifts earnings growth, but weak volume disappoints:
For Q1FY2018, UltraTech Cement (UltraTech) reported standalone revenue of Rs.6,626 crore (up 6.4% YoY and 0.5% QoQ). Growth during the quarter can be attributed to improvement in blended realisation (6.5% YoY and 7.3% QoQ). H
Shares of Grasim Industries plunged over 7 per cent on the Bombay stock Exchange after stocks turned ex-dividend today. Ex-dividend date is the date on or after which a share is traded without a previously declared dividend. Weighed down by the development, shares of the company declined as much as 7.14 per cent to hit intra-day low of Rs 1091.00 apiece on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
EBITDA beat led by higher margins; volumes miss estimate
* Net sales increased 6% YoY to ~INR66.26b, lower than our estimate of INR67.5b due to weaker volumes. Volumes (including white cement and putty) were flat YoY at 13.2mt (est. of 13.7mt).
* EBITDA increased 10% YoY (+22% QoQ) to ~INR15.6b (est. of INR14.7b), led by better-than-estimated
Double-digit volume growth led by ramp-up of new capacities
* Market share gains led by ramp-up of new capacity in east: 2QCY17 volumes increased 10% YoY to 6.74mt (in-line), led by ramp-up of new capacities in the east. Cement realization of INR4,509/t (+7% YoY, +6% QoQ) was in line with our estimate. Sequential pricing improvement w
Aditya Birla group company UltraTech Cement on Tuesday reported a rise of 15 per cent in its consolidated net profit for the April-June quarter of 2017-18.
According to the company, its net profit rose to Rs 897 crore from Rs. 780 crore reported for the corresponding quarter of last fiscal.
Besides, the company's consolidated net sales rose to Rs 6,938 crore fo
UltraTech Cement Ltd reported a 15 percent rise in June-quarter consolidated net profit on Tuesday.
Consolidated net profit rose to 8.98 billion rupees ($139.6 million) in the quarter ended June 30, from 7.80 billion rupees a year earlier, India's largest cement maker by market-capitalisation said in a statement. (http://bit.ly/2tl1yMN)
The results include those of cemen
Strong volume growth, lower opex helps to beat estimates
* ACC reported EBITDA of Rs4.95bn against our estimate of Rs4.4bn, primarily due to lower operating costs (Rs73/tonne below estimate). EBITDA/tn of Cement was Rs708 against our estimate of Rs654. Jamul and Sindri plants led to a strong 10.1% yoy volume growth.
* Sales volume was up 10.1
Shares of ACC rose over 3 per cent on the Bombay stock Exchange after the cement maker reported a 32.57 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 326.23 crore for the April-June quarter, driven by an increase in sales.
Boosted by strong Q2, shares of company gained as much as 3.34 per cent to hit intra-day high of Rs 1809.80 apiece on the Bombay Stock Exchange. The stocks wer
Cement and ready mixed concrete producer ACC on Monday reported an increase of 32.6 per cent in its consolidated net profit for the second quarter (Q2) of 2017.
The net profit rose to Rs 326 crore from Rs 246 crore reported for the second quarter of last year.
Besides, the company's consolidated sales turnover (net of excise duty) rose 17.8 per cent to Rs 3,329
Grasim holdco discount to remain at historical levels
See limited upside from present levels; Maintain Neutral
* Record date for Grasim’s shareholders to be entitled for 7 shares of ABCL (Aditya Birla Capital Limited) for every 5 shares of Grasim is 20th July implying ex-date to be 18th July.
* Grasim shares f
Demand in the cement sector is likely to pick up from the second half of this financial year (FY) on account of benefits under goods and services tax (GST) and increased government spending on infrastructure, according to industry body Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA). The industry will also benefit as the logistics cost would come down by 30 per cent because of elimination of blockage ti
A report has said that average cement prices are expected to rise by 6 per cent YoY and 7 per cent on QoQ basis across the country despite volume decline in the southern and central regions. As per reports, the eastern region is likely to see a strong growth in demand for the key building material. Commenting on the issue, an ICICI Securities Official told the media, "Average pan-India cem
Price increases to offset cost escalations
Cement companies under our coverage are likely to report ~6% YoY (~20% QoQ) EBITDA growth during Q1FY18 led by 4.6% YoY volume growth. We estimate industry volumes to be up ~1% YoY as strong demand growth in East region is expected to be offset by volume declines in South and Central regions. Average pan India
Healthy demand along with uptick in realization to restrict input cost pressure:
The cement companies under our coverage (ex-Grasim) is expected to grow its Q1FY2018 revenue by 11% YoY largely driven by higher volumes (up 7.6% YoY) and better realization (up 2.7% YoY). The average pan-India cement prices for Q1FY2018 increased 6.6% YoY (up 9.4% YoY) w
* HeidelbergCement India Ltd is a subsidiary of HeidelbergCement Group, Germany. The Company has its operations in central India at Damoh (MP), Jhansi (UP) and in southern India at Ammasandra (Karnataka). With a total installed capacity of 5.4mn tonnes p.a., Heidelberg is one of the largest cement players in central India.
Demand Recovery Persists; Prices Softened Moderately
Demand scenario continued to remain firm in Jun’17 barring last few days on account of premonsoon construction activities and delayed rainfall in select pockets. However, all India average cement price corrected by 2% MoM, as prices softened across regions except Eastern region. Despite incide
Firm Realisation to Aid Performance
Healthy realisation and moderate improvement in demand scenario on yearly comparison are likely to cast a positive impact on the performance of cement companies in 1QFY18E and the companies under our coverage are likely to witness ~15% YoY improvement in earnings. Given the visible hardening of fuel and freight cost,
STOCK IN FOCUS
* HeidelbergCement India (HCIL) gained over 4% in yesterday’s volatile market on the expectation of healthy 1QFY18 numbers mainly to be aided by healthy realizations in Central markets. Our channel check suggests that Central region is likely to see a realizations improvement of 1.5% YoY and 4.5% QoQ in 1QFY18.
Shares of UltraTech Cement rose nearly 2 per cent on the Bombay stock Exchange after the Aditya Birla Group company said it has reduced prices of its products by 2-3 per cent to pass on the GST benefit to customers. Following the announcement, shares of the company gained as much as 1.84 per cent to hit an intra-day high of Rs 4091.85 apiece on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The stocks we
Shares of Shiva Cement continued gaining momentum on Tuesday and rallied nearly 20 per cent on the Bombay stock Exchange prices after JSW Steel hiked stake in the company to over 50 per cent through open market transaction. In the last five trading session, the scrip of the company zoomed as much as 57 per cent from Rs 21.30 on June 28, 2017.
Extending previous session rally, shares o
Speed breakers ahead
Prefer stocks with good long-term earnings prospects
* May-17 saw price correction across majority of the markets from the highs of April due to demand weakness and the government’s intervention to curb sharp price increases.
* Price corrections have been the highest in the north, south
ACC has retraced marginal from its record high and currently hovering in a narrow range from last one month or so. Existence of multiple moving averages on the daily chart along with confirmation indicators clearly pointing towards rebound in near term.
27/06/2017 11:49:37 AM
read full news
UltraTech Cement Limited (ULTRACEMCO) ULTRACEMCO has retraced considerably from its record high and currently trading around the support area of multiple moving averages on daily chart. Existence of support and chart formation are pointing towards strong rebound ahead.
23/06/2017 9:41:30 AM
read full news
UltraTech Cement Limited (ULTRACEMCO)
ULTRACEMCO has retraced considerably from its record high and currently trading around the support area of multiple moving averages on daily chart. Existence of support and chart formation are pointing towards strong rebound ahead.
23/06/2017 9:41:30 AM | read full news