Prabhudas Lilladher (PL) organised their National Progress Partner Meet (2018) on April 7 , 2018, at Mumbai. The theme for the event was PL 2.0 - Digital Transformation.
The event was attended by over 300 of PL’s Progress Partners (franchisees) and specially invited guests from across India.
Luminaries of the business world like Shri. Govind Dholakia (Founder & Chairman, SRK Group) presented in special segment ‘Real story of a Real Life Hero’ & Mr. Sunil Singhania (Ex-Global Head Equities – Reliance Capital) on ‘Markets - Pain and Gain’, had a lasting impact on the audience through their memorable talks.
The Panel Discussion – “Vichaar Vimarsh – Making Sense of The Markets” - had an esteemed panel with Mr. Sunil Singhania, Mr. Arnob Mondal (Chief Investor Relations Officer, Larsen and Toubro ) , Mr. Jitendra Punjabi (earlier Global Strategist with Capital International Group & Founder, EM Advisors), Mr. Akshay Gupta (Group Exec Head Indiabulls & CEO Asset Management), Mr. Dilip Bhat (Jt MD, PL), Ms. Amisha Vora (Jt MD, PL) & Mr. Ajay Bodke (CEO & Chief Portfolio Manager, PL PMS).
A few points & quotes from the Panel Discussion:
1. The panel felt that earnings growth will return after a wait of many quarters and Indian corporate profitability is at a decade low at 3.8% of GDP and that the markets have tailwinds though global volatility and election results will create situations now and then.
2. As regards to key trends or themes going forward, Ms. Amisha Vora said, “Consumption will continue to be a key theme in markets to select stocks for investments.”
3. Speaking about returns from the market, and contrary to popular opinion, Mr.Ajay Bodke opined, “I do not believe markets will not give good returns in FY19 as at a price earnings ratio of 17 times, markets are not at any significant premium to the 10 year average premium to MSCI valuation.”
4. On the rise of the speciality chemicals industry, Mr. Sunil Singhania said “Because China started focusing on pollution, the speciality chemical industry is doing well, focusing on the niche area.”
5. On the monetary policy, Mr. Jitendra Punjabi said “A tightening of monetary policy across the globe need not result in slowing down of economies”.
6. Infrastructure expert Mr. Arnob Mondal of Larsen & Toubro noted that “In the infra sector, the cut-throat pricing and competition of the earlier cycle is not there this time and weaker players are getting weeded out.”
7. Asked about the midcap situation in the markets, Amisha Vora commented, “A lot of sanity will come back in terms of valuations. Post GST reforms the transition in favour of organised players from unorganised players will continue.”
8. Mr. Dilip Bhat commented on mid-caps saying, “There is good potential among some mid-caps owing to improved corporate governance.”
9. On the DII Flows Mr.Akshay Gupta said “SIP flows will continue to come in and the markets may be relatively tough in 2018, opportunistic flows will dry out.”
Earlier in the day, Ms. Amisha Vora launched PL’s new investor education initiative “PL Academy” , along with well known trainer , Mr.Ronak Moondra, who took the audience through an extremely hands on session on how to profit in the markets with the aid of sophisticated decision support tools available on PL’s Mobile App. The PL Academy is focused on internal training cum certification programmes that are targeted at substantially enhancing the ability of PL’s Progress Partners and employees alike. The modules in the academy focus on areas like financial planning, soft skills and financial markets /instruments.
Ms. Amisha Vora also launched innovative tools for business management, available online as well as mobile, to allow PL Partners to offer segment specific advice to its client base.
The event culminated with the Progress Partner Awards Ceremony where the top performing Progress Partners (Sub-brokers/ Authorised Persons) were honoured.
Above views are of the author and not of the website kindly read disclaimer